I began actively programming computers when I was 15 years old. However, my keen interest in Computer Science goes back for as long as I can remember. As I steadily increase both my knowledge and experience in this vast field, that interest is continually being rekindled and strengthened.
Over the years, I have worked in many different programming languages. My favorite though is still my first: Python. It is a powerful, efficient, user-friendly, and just plain beautiful language. :)
Besides general Python, I especially enjoy working with:
- Comprehensions: one of the language's greatest features
- OOP: a little tricky to master, but well worth the effort
- Tkinter: some of my first programs involved this
While I prefer to use Python 3.x, I still work quite often in version 2.7. This is mostly by answering questions here on SO.
The other languages that I have learned are:
- C++: can do almost anything (also great for extending Python)
- C: learned most of this through learning C++
- C#: learned this before C++ (nowadays, I mostly use the latter)
- PowerShell: invaluable if you develop on a Windows machine
- HTML: because it is easy to learn and is used everywhere
- CSS: because plain old HTML just doesn't cut it anymore
- Regex: one of the most useful things I have ever learned
- Batch: PowerShell's ugly older sister. Still needed here and there
Thanks for looking me up and have a nice day!
P.S. "Don't worry if it doesn't work right. If everything did, you'd be out of a job." -- Mosher's Law of Software Engineering