These days my main job is as IT Director for Weavers Way Co-op, a cooperative grocery store in Philadelphia. This job allows me to indulge my desire to mess with a lot of different things, including occasionally some coding and web developement in addition to managing servers, deploying laptops, and crawling around under cash registers. (It also lets me work for an organization focused on sustainability, fresh healthy food, and supporting the local economy, which makes me feel good!)
I do some other stuff, too.
Other Areas of technology expertise/interest:
- SQL Server
- Web development, in general
- Point of sale systems and other technology for small chain grocery stores.
- Linux (especially Ubuntu)
- Raspberry PI and other small/cheap computers.
- IT in mid-sized retail organizations (online, brick and mortar, grocery, mail order, multi-channel)
- Managing developers
- Cooperative enterprises
- Sustainable local communities
- Cooperative enterprise
- Board and card games, especially Dominion