Information Security Expert
In depth experience in banking / retail transaction technology, with focus on devices, multi-tier architecture, and security (PCI, ISO stds).
Long term software designer, with periodic stints in systems administration (Solaris, Linux) and infrastructure troubleshooting (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Change Management, IT Governance/Audit, Product Development, Infrastructure Hardening
Long term research:
- Information Security policy: staff use, compliance, governance, legislation, privacy, and disclosure
- trend analysis: IT corporate, office productivity software, mobility, encryption, and biometrics.
- Mozilla Firefox (browser): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux)
- Mozilla Thunderbird (email), Mozilla Lightning (calendar): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux); libical / calsify library code; RFC 5545 (iCalendar) and RFC 5546 (iTIP) standards
- Apache OpenOffice / LibreOffice, Open Document Format (ODF): development, end-user support, testing, and cross platform (Windows, Linux)
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for IT security professionals
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for people interested in improving and participating in the patent system
Q&A for apps, scripts, and development with the Stack Exchange API
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers