Past life: Database Administrator, Analyst/Programmer, System Administrator.
Areas Worked: Telecommunications, Electric Utility, Software Development House, University, Independent Consulting, and State Government.
- AppleSoft BASIC and Apple Assembly: lots of it eons ago
- Pascal: long long ago in galaxy far far away
- COBOL: long ago
- C: lots but its been a while
- Ksh, Bash: occasionally for many many years
- Python/ Zope: a couple years but its been a while
- Java/ J2EE/ JPA/ JSF: lots
- SQL: tons
- CVS: several years, but I'll be exploring GIT soon.
- Style: Domain Driven, OO, PLA
- Tabs or Spaces: Spaces
- VI or Emacs: VIM
- Dogs or Cats: Cats
- Fun: Architecture, Design, PLA/SPL, Strategy, Speculation
- Also Fun: Algorithms, Parsing, Code Generation, Expression Handling
- Not Fun: Relearning menu navigation and dealing with incompatible file formats after upgrading to newer release of desktop software.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for professional system and network administrators
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites