A happy contract engineer for decades who burned out somewhat in the late 1990s, pursued other passions, and learned that the satisfaction of engineering was more than recognized. Now focused on improving and updating my skills and focusing on personally compelling areas of technology.
Recent contracts include
- a C++/MFC GUI for a security agent to monitor potential hazardous conditions and decide upon suggested actions.
- In 2010, did a three month process control upgrade project which controls all of northern+central California's transmission power grid.
- prototyped a B2B LAMP website
- an embedded control and monitoring system for a high power UV-based water processing unit.
- In 2011, did an embedded airborne system which reacts to airborne and ground threats using 3D Great Circle trigonometry, sped up to assess thousands of threats per second.
- In 2012, worked on a personal website project to really learn PHP and CodeIgniter
- Now working on a medium sized conversion from handcrafted non-MVC PHP website to fully MVC CodeIgnitier/PHP/Linux/MySQL/S3.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for contractors and serious DIYers
Q&A for movie and tv enthusiasts
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for professional system and network administrators
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for aircraft pilots, mechanics, and enthusiasts
Q&A for Information security professionals
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for road warriors and seasoned travelers
Q&A for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews