A happy contract engineer for decades who burned out somewhat in the late 1990s, pursued other passions, and learned that the satisfaction of engineering was more than recognized. Now focused on improving and updating my skills and focusing on personally compelling areas of technology.
Recent contracts include
- a C++/MFC GUI for a security agent to monitor potential hazardous conditions and decide upon suggested actions.
- In 2010, did a three month process control upgrade project which controls all of northern+central California's transmission power grid.
- prototyped a B2B LAMP website
- an embedded control and monitoring system for a high power UV-based water processing unit.
- In 2011, did an embedded airborne system which reacts to airborne and ground threats using 3D Great Circle trigonometry, sped up to assess thousands of threats per second.
- In 2012, worked a medium sized conversion from handcrafted non-MVC PHP website to fully MVC CodeIgnitier/PHP/Linux/MySQL/S3.
- Now working on embedded firmware for a well known manufacturer.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for contractors and serious DIYers
Q&A for movie and tv enthusiasts
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for people who love outdoor activities, excursions, and outdoorsmanship
Q&A for road warriors and seasoned travelers
Q&A for aircraft pilots, mechanics, and enthusiasts
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for gardeners and landscapers
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems
Q&A for professional and amateur woodworkers
Q&A for members of the workforce navigating the professional setting
Q&A for spacecraft operators, scientists, engineers, and enthusiasts
Q&A for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for power users of web applications
Q&A for biology researchers, academics, and students
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community
Q&A for information security professionals
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for programming puzzle enthusiasts and code golfers
Q&A for people who use Blender to create 3D graphics, animations, or games
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites