A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
For my employer I mainly develop C# (desktop and mobile applications), Progress 4GL and (recently) C/AL (Client/server Application Language) for Dynamics NAV. I'm now writing iPhone/iPad and Android applications for my employer as well (as time permits).
Outside of work I have dabbled in Lisp, Perl, C, F# and most recently I've become interested in Clojure (and ClojureCLR).
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer).
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks