A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: http://www.jason-down.com
- Google+ Account: Jason Down
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I mainly develop C#, WPF, F#, C/AL (Client/server Application Language) for Dynamics NAV (with some .Net interop) and less often now, Progress 4GL. On the rare occasion I write iPhone/iPad and Android applications for my employer.
Outside of work I have dabbled in Lisp, Perl, C, and Clojure (and ClojureCLR).
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Soft Skills (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer).
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for ebook publishers and readers
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for people seeking specific software recommendations
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for professional and independent game developers
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for information security professionals
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for researchers and developers who explore the principles of a system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation
Q&A for researchers, developers, and users of Tor
Q&A for people using the vi and Vim families of text editors
Q&A for developers of open-source hardware and software that is compatible with Arduino
Q&A for serious players and enthusiasts of chess