I spend most of my days coding in PHP, primarily with custom web apps built on the latest Kohana framework or with Word Press sites. I typically use HTML5, the latest JQuery, and MySQL, but I have a very wide range of experience with most popular programming languages, databases, computer networks, and operating systems.
Here are some of my software development best practices:
- always think from the perspective of the user (easier said then done, most programmers are incapable of doing this)
- always follow strict coding guidelines
- always use a good version control system
- documentation is worth as much as good code (inline + system/user)
- always code efficiently but remember that the best code is that which is easy for others to understand
- don't assume