Wacky Brazilian bloke, TeX evangelist, duck enthusiast, Pringles-powered theoretical computer science researcher. Quack! On a more serious note, I'm a Brazilian developer and programmer. I've been using LaTeX since 2007 for virtually everything - articles, theses, songbooks, music sheets, slides, labels, visiting cards, you name it. TeX/LaTeX is always my first choice when I have to produce high quality documents. I never regreted of using it.
Though I'm light years far from being a TeXpert, I'm always eager to learn.
My humble contributions to CTAN, TeX Live and the TeX community so far:
arara: a TeX automation tool based on rules and directives.
araragives you subsidies to enhance your TeX experience.
checkcites: a Lua script written for the sole purpose of detecting unused or undefined references from both LaTeX auxiliary or bibliography files. My good friend Enrico Gregorio encouraged me and gave me great ideas to write this script, so we came up with this script.
- TeX Live PT-BR: This project consists of providing a Brazilian Portuguese translation file for TeX Live. The translation file
pt_br.pois now incorporated into the official release in order to provide localized content to the TeX users in the Portuguese-speaking countries.
- TeXPrinter: TeXPrinter is a Java application designed for the sole purpose of printing threads from here. TeXPrinter currently can print threads to
In my ToDo list:
dandelionwith my good friend Bruno Le Floch.
- Finish The TeXbook and The LaTeX Companion.
- Learn Metapost, PSTricks and TikZ, in that order.
- Learn LaTeX3 and somehow help the project.
- Implement a complete LaTeX3 editor.
- Go to a TUG conference.
- Lure Barbara Beeton to sign my TeXbook.
- Lure Frank Mittelbach to sign my LaTeX companion.
- Watch a cricket match with Joseph Wright and David Carlisle.
- Have a pet duck.
If you want to support LaTeX development by a donation, the best way to do this is donating to the TeX Users Group.
LaTeX isn't for everyone but it could be for you.
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for people using the vi and Vim families of text editors
Q&A for power users of Apple hardware and software
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for users of Mathematica
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Italian language
Q&A for linguists, teachers, and students wanting to discuss the finer points of the Latin language