https://ring.cx - hide VoIP and chat from spies with FOSS
The Chinese characters on my username and profile picture are taboos for the Chinese Dictatorship:
- Profile picture: satirical photoshopped picture of China's president that got artist Dai Jianyong arrested
- 六四事件: Tiananmen square protests of 1989
- 法轮功: Falun Gong, 70M follower religion that got banned in 1999. Christians are also persecuted. I'm agnostic.
- 包卓轩: Bao Zhuoxuan, 16-year old son of Jul 2015 arrested human rights activist Wang Yu, kept hostage after trying to flee China (nytimes, chinachange)
Why I'm doing this:
- spark: in March 2015 my girlfriend's mother was kept 15 days in jail for doing Falun Gong.
- fuel: censorship aversion
- increase the cost of censorship. Using the Great Firewall GFW to block political keywords? Then lose money with worse IT. If you know better words tell me. Good word lists.
- promote freedom of speech, religion and politics
- meet more Chinese to better understand China. Contact me on Twitter or Weibo or Github. Public contact preferred, even if anonymous. Read the FAQ first. If you really need privacy, ciro.santilli.contact [at] gmail.com
I am against violence. I love China.
Can I do this?
- Are political profiles that could possibly affect the participations of other users allowed?
- Are political avatars and profiles OK?
- Can a username be considered spam?
But not in China :-(
Random pics of beautiful and ugly things mixed up: