I have over 30 years of experience with C and C++, and experience with various other lesser languages.
I highly recommend http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp as an online C++11 Standard Library reference.
Also, I have redefined the acronym STL to mean STandard Library. It is now safe to use again.
Oli Charlesworth: Both these questions would be answered in the first few chapters of any decent introductory book on C++.
jeremyskateboard: well i dont have a book
The first rule of C/C++ is that there is no such thing as "C/C++". – Kerrek SB
Best answers (of mine):
- How does Q_FOREACH macro work and why is it that complex?
- C++11: Move/Copy construction ambiguity?
- Are copy constructor elided when passing more than one function?
- How to declare an array of pointers to multidimensional arrays
- Integer range based template specialisation
- Variable declaration in the switch head?
- Error pasting “”HELLO“” and “”WORLD“” does not give a valid preprocessing token (because Raymond Chen made an edit to add a code sample)
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for apps, scripts, and development with the Stack Exchange API
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems