Andrew is a long time lover of programming and the practices that go along with it. Picking up his first C++ book when he was 13-years old he was lucky enough to learn what his passion in life would be before high school. Learning to program on an Apple IIe, Commodore and even the short lived BeBox, he was able to secure his first job at 17 years old.
His current passions include:
- Answering questions on StackExchange
- Distributed and Parallel Computing
- Beautiful designs and the code that goes along with it
- That feeling you get when you solved a problem that others were unable to in an gloriously efficient way.
- Enterprise Service Buses (Mule ESB) and the current SOA trend.
- Producing a insanely high performance, fault-tolerant, linearly scalable messaging system, preferably within the Mule ESB ecosystem.
- The many possibilities of parallel computing with small form factory devices such as Raspberry Pi's and Parallella
- And last but not least, explaining to people why their service is not RESTful no matter how much they claim it is.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for scientific skepticism
Q&A for members of the workforce navigating the professional setting
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for project managers
Q&A for professional system and network administrators
Q&A for power users of Apple hardware and software
Q&A for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community
Q&A for passionate videogamers on all platforms
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers
Q&A for professional and independent game developers
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for people interested in improving and participating in the patent system
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts