These are some questions I found late after they were asked, but I believed I could answer far better than the current answers (So please check them out and up-vote if they're worthy!):
- What is the best way to implement nested dictionaries in Python?
- What does `if __name__ == "__main__":` do?
- Python a &= b meaning?
- How to implement python method with signature like ([start ,] stop [, step]), i.e. default keyword argument on the left
- Unittest causing sys.exit()
Other Answers I'm fairly proud of:
- Writing and reading variables in a file in Python
- Search for any word or combination of words from one string in a list (python)
- "List object not callable"
I think I could improve this one: Running R script from python
- Are there downsides to using Python locals() for string formatting?
- This one notably blew up on UserExperience: http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/51346/why-do-credit-card-forms-ask-for-visa-mastercard-etc
These typically get extra scrutiny on Stackoverflow, as they attract the ire of those looking to answer questions for reputation points, and so they attract more down-votes out of the gate.
- How do I quickly create small files on the Bash command line?
- Don't do this: Python, how to implement a list subclass that evaluates as False if its items evaluate False?
- Where can I find the official C++ documentation?
Don't use this code:
This code might be clever, but it's not something I would recommend doing in production.
- I think it's sad that this is my top-voted answer: Printing within list comprehension in Python
- Python subclassing list
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for members of the workforce navigating the professional setting
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for pet owners, caretakers, breeders, veterinarians, and trainers
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for programming puzzle enthusiasts and code golfers
Q&A for people interested in statistics, machine learning, data analysis, data mining, and data visualization
Q&A for people seeking specific software recommendations
Q&A for passionate videogamers on all platforms
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for people who want to be financially literate
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for practitioners of the art and science of signal, image and video processing
Q&A for professional mathematicians
Q&A for gamemasters and players of tabletop, paper-and-pencil role-playing games
Q&A for Information security professionals
Q&A for pro webmasters
Q&A for road warriors and seasoned travelers
Q&A for scientific skepticism
Q&A for professional system and network administrators
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for professional and amateur chefs
Q&A for apps, scripts, and development with the Stack Exchange API
Q&A for people interested in governments, policies, and political processes
Q&A for project managers
Q&A for speakers of other languages learning English
Q&A for beer aficionados and collectors
Q&A for aircraft pilots, mechanics, and enthusiasts
Q&A for finance professionals and academics
Q&A for professional graphic designers and non-designers trying to do their own graphic design
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts