My name is Scott and I am the Chief Development Officer for Paragon Initiative Enterprises. We are software consultants based in Orlando, FL that specialize in application security and web development.
A sample of our open source security projects that are worth checking out include:
- A Curated List for Learning Application Security
- ASGard - the Authentic Software Guard
- Pharaoh - diff for executable PHP Archives
We also publish blog posts about web development, application security, and other related topics. Our four most popular blog posts to date:
- The difference between encryption and authentication, and why you want authenticated encryption
- Implementing a Login System in PHP, with a secure "Remember Me" feature
- Everything You Need to Know About Preventing Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities in PHP
- The Easy and Definitive Guide to Preventing SQL Injection in PHP applications
My short-term goal on Stack Exchange is to clean up the bad security advice in old, popular questions.
My long-term goal on Stack Exchange is to help at least one other person begin their journey to becoming an expert.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for information security professionals
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for software developers, mathematicians and others interested in cryptography
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for power users of web applications
Q&A for researchers, developers, and users of Tor
Q&A for programming puzzle enthusiasts and code golfers