Personality & social psychologist
- Existential psychology (meaning/purpose in life, uncertainty, existential problems and attitudes)
- Positive psychology (psychological well-being, life satisfaction, affect)
- Motivation (goals, values, motives, intrinsic & extrinsic motivation, attainment, support & conflict)
- Spirituality (afterlife belief, religion, universalism)
- Traits (the "Big Five", spirituality, intelligence, needs for cognition or closure, conservatism)
- Survey methods (construction, validation, bias identification & reduction)
- Latent factor structure
- Structural equation modeling
- Effect size estimation
- Longitudinal change
- Nonparametric & robust analysis
- Resampling methods
- Programming (R, function writing, simulation testing)
- Me. (2013). Personal goals, psychological well-being, and meaning in life. University of California, Riverside: Psychology.
- Steger, M. F., Pickering, N., Adams, E., Burnett, J., Shin, J. Y., Dik, B. J., & Me. (2010). The quest for meaning: Religious affiliation differences in the correlates of religious quest and search for meaning in life. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 2(4), 206-226.
Posters and presentations (PowerPoints available on my SlideShare page)
- Me & Ozer, D. J. (2012). Matching goals to values: Correlations follow semantic similarities. 92nd WPA, San Francisco.
- Me. (2012). Existential and psychological health as products of intrinsic goal attainment. Presentation, April 19, UCR.
- Me, Selvam, T., Cheong, R., & Ozer. (2011). Religious differences in the value systems of meaningful (and meaningless) lives. 2nd ARP, Riverside.
- Me & Ozer. (2011). Joint factors of spirituality and religiousness. 91st WPA, Los Angeles.
- Me & Ozer. (2011). Spiritual predictors of the search for meaning in life. 12th SPSP, San Antonio.
- Me. (2010). Current research in existential psychology. Presentation, November 4, UCR.
- Me, Boudreaux, M. J., & Ozer. (2010). Factor structure of the Values Q-Set. 118th APA, San Diego.
- Me & Ozer. (2010). The motive content of meaningful (and meaningless) lives. 15th EAPP, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Me, Stimson, T. S., & Boudreaux. (2010). The curve of the quest for a more meaningful life. 11th SPSP, Las Vegas.
- Me. (2010). The Values Q-Set. Presentation, January 21, UCR.
- Me, Stimson, Boudreaux, & Ozer. (2009). When do personality traits predict personal goals? 1st ARP, Evanston.
- Me. (2009). The factor structure of personal goals. Presentation, June 4, UCR.
- Me, Stimson, & Ozer. (2009). The factor structure of personal goals in an undergraduate population. 10th SPSP, Tampa.
Q&A for people interested in statistics, machine learning, data analysis, data mining, and data visualization
Q&A for practitioners, researchers, and students in cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, and psychiatry
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for road warriors and seasoned travelers
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for speakers of other languages learning English
Q&A for scientific skepticism
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for biology researchers, academics, and students
Q&A for parents, grandparents, nannies and others with a parenting role
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for professional and amateur chefs
Q&A for gamemasters and players of tabletop, paper-and-pencil role-playing games
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for folks dedicated to a lifestyle that can be maintained indefinitely without depleting available resources
Q&A for historians and history buffs
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for those who base their lives on Jewish law and tradition and anyone interested in learning more
Q&A for pro webmasters
Q&A for scientists, academics, teachers and students
Q&A for passionate videogamers on all platforms
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Q&A for those involved in the field of teaching mathematics
Q&A for spacecraft operators, scientists, engineers, and enthusiasts
Q&A for people wanting to improve their personal productivity
Q&A for information security professionals
Q&A for users and developers of hardware and software for Raspberry Pi
Q&A for people who want to be financially literate
Q&A for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for students, researchers and practitioners of computer science
Q&A for user experience researchers and experts
Q&A for members of the workforce navigating the professional setting
Q&A for anime and manga fans
Q&A for theoretical computer scientists and researchers in related fields
Q&A for professional and independent game developers
Q&A for users of Mathematica
Q&A for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language
Q&A for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for aircraft pilots, mechanics, and enthusiasts
Q&A for movie and tv enthusiasts
Q&A for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for musicians, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for committed Christians, experts in Christianity and those interested in learning more
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for pet owners, caretakers, breeders, veterinarians, and trainers
Q&A for those interested in the geology, meteorology, oceanography, and environmental sciences
Q&A for beer aficionados and collectors
Q&A for people who love outdoor activities, excursions, and outdoorsmanship
Q&A for people interested in governments, policies, and political processes
Q&A for gardeners and landscapers
Q&A for people who like playing board games, designing board games or modifying the rules of existing board games
Q&A for those interested in logical reasoning
Q&A for authors, editors, reviewers, professional writers, and aspiring writers
Q&A for physical fitness professionals, athletes, trainers, and those providing health-related needs
Q&A for students and teachers of all martial arts
Q&A for astronomers and astrophysicists
Q&A for programming puzzle enthusiasts and code golfers
Q&A for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles
Q&A for professors, theologians, and those interested in exegetical analysis of biblical texts
Q&A for scientists using computers to solve scientific problems
Q&A for developers and researchers interested in open data
Q&A for serious players and enthusiasts of chess
Q&A for Muslims, experts in Islam, and those interested in learning more about Islam
Q&A for expert genealogists and people interested in genealogy or family history
Q&A for professional robotic engineers, hobbyists, researchers and students
Q&A for professional linguists and others with an interest in linguistic research and theory
Q&A for Data science professionals, Machine Learning specialists, and those interested in learning more about the field