Programmer since 1980 using (in order)
- Apple Basic: all variables global, maximum name length of 2 chars (not counting the built-in type). Discovering languages with scoped variables was like awakening from a nightmare!
- Pick: An OS whose underlying language is SQL!
- C: You all know what C is
- shell: nowadays, its all
- C++: I loved it, but can't really remember why...
- Java: You all know what Java is, too. I'm happy that I've begun to forget...
- Python: I seem to be stuck here. Powerful, extensible, first-class everything, lots of good packages. Of course, I've felt that way before...
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Joined 4 years ago, last seen 1 year ago