– I'm a physicist working in cognitive neuroscience on statistical data analysis methods.
– I program mainly in Matlab, but also occasionally in C, bash/sed/awk, Perl, Python, and Java.
– I use Debian GNU/Linux for working, Windows for playing, Android when mobile.
– I write pandoc-flavored Markdown in vim which is rendered by LaTeX, though sometimes MS Word can't be avoided.
– I dabble in typography and information design.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for people interested in statistics, machine learning, data analysis, data mining, and data visualization
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Q&A for practitioners of the art and science of signal, image and video processing
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for scientists using computers to solve scientific problems
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation
Q&A for system and network administrators
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for people interested in governments, policies, and political processes
Q&A for scientific skepticism
Q&A for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation
Q&A for apps, scripts, and development with the Stack Exchange API
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for practitioners, researchers, and students in cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, and psychiatry