Latest status: Nothing new.
- Watching a lot of Japanese TV, gradually absorbing the language. Vocabulary study with Anki most every day. Working on learning to recognize and read more kanji. (I'm somewhere in the JLPT4 range.) Picked up "Japanese Core Words and Phrases" and "A Dictionary of Japanese Particles" for reference, recently.
- Still a math undergrad, about six electives away from graduating. Interested in doing mathematical physics in grad school, though I don't have much more clarity on the matter just yet. Lately I'm most curious about manifolds and things having to do with quantum information.
- Latest programming language to dabble in: python. It probably won't draw me away from perl, but that's mostly just because perl is what I've been using for the past few years.
- Still practicing the piano regularly. Currently in a state of polishing Ravel's Sonatine and learning Rachmaninoff's Etude Op. 39 No. 4.
- Still playing Skyrim, and feeling buyer's remorse over most every other video game purchase I make lately. I still enjoy a good picross puzzle (on the 3DS), though.
Q&A for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for professional mathematicians
Q&A for passionate videogamers on all platforms
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for theoretical computer scientists and researchers in related fields
Q&A for Information security professionals
Q&A for pro webmasters
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for professional and amateur chefs
Q&A for professional and independent game developers
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Q&A for people who want to be financially literate
Q&A for users of Mathematica
Q&A for musicians, students, and enthusiasts
Q&A for scientists using computers to solve scientific problems
Q&A for authors, editors, reviewers, professional writers, and aspiring writers
Q&A for students, researchers and practitioners of computer science
Q&A for anime and manga fans