Latest status: Nothing new.
- Watching a lot of Japanese TV, gradually absorbing the language. Vocabulary study with Anki most every day. Working on learning to recognize and read more kanji. (I'm somewhere in the JLPT4 range.) Picked up "Japanese Core Words and Phrases" and "A Dictionary of Japanese Particles" for reference, recently.
- Still a math undergrad, about six electives away from graduating. Interested in doing mathematical physics in grad school, though I don't have much more clarity on the matter just yet. Lately I'm most curious about manifolds and things having to do with quantum information.
- Latest programming language to dabble in: python. It probably won't draw me away from perl, but that's mostly just because perl is what I've been using for the past few years.
- Still practicing the piano regularly. Currently in a state of polishing Ravel's Sonatine and learning Rachmaninoff's Etude Op. 39 No. 4.
- Still playing Skyrim, and feeling buyer's remorse over most every other video game purchase I make lately. I still enjoy a good picross puzzle (on the 3DS), though.
Q&A for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields
Q&A for Information security professionals
Q&A for theoretical computer scientists and researchers in related fields
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for pro webmasters
Q&A for academics and those enrolled in higher education
Q&A for professional mathematicians
Q&A for users of Mathematica
Q&A for science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts
Q&A for passionate videogamers on all platforms
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems
Q&A for people who want to be financially literate
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for professional and independent game developers
Q&A for professional and amateur chefs
Q&A for students, researchers and practitioners of computer science
Q&A for anime and manga fans
Q&A for authors, editors, reviewers, professional writers, and aspiring writers
Q&A for scientists using computers to solve scientific problems
Q&A for musicians, students, and enthusiasts