- Started software development in 1987 on a C128 using Basic, 6510 Assembler, Turbo Pascal 3.0
- Moved to the PC in 1989, doing software development in C, x86 Assembler, still some Basic (don't ask...)
- Later discovered object oriented programming, starting with C++ and later Java
- Switched from MS-DOS and MS-Windows to Linux in 1994
- Did some Microcontroller related projects based on the 8051, and later based on Microchip's PIC family
- Currently working as Software Architect at Oracle
A code repository with SSCCEs from some of my SO postings is available at https://github.com/afester/StackOverflow.
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers
Q&A for computer enthusiasts and power users
Q&A for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts