Things I'm working on now (spare time):
- phpkafka: Native kafka support for PHP. In development, so all help is welcome!
I work -or have worked- with:
- PHP (OOP, with or without Zend Framework, Symfony)
- MySQL (including triggers, Foreign Keys and stored procedures)
- C (ANSI C99, but C11 is looking promising)
- COBOL (Micro-Focus) NOT VOLUNTARILY
- HTML & CSS
- current OS's: Windows 7, Linux (Slackware, Salix), OSX (10.9)
- C++ (Visual C++, but only in my spare time)
I don't like:
- Solutions that are needlessly complex
- Answers with Regular expressions to solve a problem that didn't require Regex's
- People treating StackOverflow as a code generator
- No acceptance or UP-votes for people who deserved it.
- Did I mention I don't like Java/COBOL?
Stuff I find to be true:
- Java is the new COBOL
- If your solution relies on more than 3 regular expressions at any given time, you're part of the problem.
- 'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' — Brian Kernighan
Brendan Eich - discussing the arguments.callee in strict mode
Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
Q&A for peer programmer code reviews
Q&A for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts
Q&A for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development
Q&A for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites
Q&A for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
Q&A for committed Christians, experts in Christianity and those interested in learning more
Q&A for historians and history buffs
Q&A for active researchers, academics and students of physics
Q&A for apps, scripts, and development with the Stack Exchange API
Q&A for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community
Q&A for students, researchers and practitioners of computer science
Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites
Q&A for programming puzzle enthusiasts and code golfers