Things I'm working on now (spare time):
- phpkafka: Native kafka support for PHP. In development, so all help is welcome!
I work -or have worked- with:
- PHP (OOP, with or without Zend Framework, Symfony)
- MySQL (including triggers, Foreign Keys and stored procedures)
- C (ANSI C99, but C11 is looking promising)
- COBOL (Micro-Focus) NOT VOLUNTARILY
- HTML & CSS
- current OS's: Windows 7, Linux (Slackware, Salix), OSX (10.9)
- C++ (Visual C++, but only in my spare time)
I don't like:
- Solutions that are needlessly complex
- Answers with Regular expressions to solve a problem that didn't require Regex's
- People treating StackOverflow as a code generator
- No acceptance or UP-votes for people who deserved it.
- Did I mention I don't like Java/COBOL?
Stuff I find to be true:
- Java is the new COBOL
- If your solution relies on more than 3 regular expressions at any given time, you're part of the problem.
- 'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' — Brian Kernighan
Brendan Eich - discussing the arguments.callee in strict mode