Hi there, I'm Ian Spence! I am a full-stack web engineer and mobile application developer.
I am a Jr. Web Developer at Fortinet Technologies Inc and studied Enterprise Network Systems Administration and Network Security at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. I am a passionate mobile and web developer who loves working with security.
For mobile development, I am very skilled in Objective-C and have some experience using Swift. I am also able to develop Android applications in Java.
Outside of development, I have skills in these areas:
- Linux Administration (RHEL, SuSE)
- Unix Administration (Solaris)
- SQL Database Administration
- Enterprise networking (CCNA Routing and Switching Certified)
- Microsoft Active Directory (including Microsoft Office Exchange)
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 Administration
- Virtualization (HyperV, Azure, VirtualBox & Oracle Containers, VMWare)
- Enterprise VoIP (Cisco Voice and Microsoft Offline Lync)
- Web Server Configuration (including Apache & NGINX)